Sunday, November 30, 2014

R.I.P. X-Mas

When people write "Xmas" it makes my skin crawl. I know that X stands for "chi" which is part of a Greek word for Christ. I also know that "X" or "XP" can be written to stand for Christ.  

But I guarantee that 99% of the people who write Xmas don't know that. How lazy can you be? It's 5 more letters. 

And R.I.P.

For X's sake, don't even get me started on that. It makes me cringe to RIP written on a memorial page for someone who just died. It's lazy, hideous, and disrespectful. You can't write the 8 more letters in "rest in peace"?

We have become SO lazy. It's bad enough we're not teaching cursive, but I can almost guarantee that in our life time, even printing won't be a necessity.

(Almost) everyone has some type of phone or electronic device they carry with them; there's no reason to handwrite anything. 

I'm the first (in a long line of everyone who knows me) to admit that I should NEVER hand write. Even Mr Baum (8th grade Science) said it looked like I put a pen between my feet and ran across the paper. 

But when I have to actually write, I am very respectful with what I say. Sure, the recipient probably can't read it without a hieroglyphics expert, but trust me, I'm polite and respectful. 

I don't abbreviate important words, or phrases to save time and I expect the same from those who write to me.

Anyway, consider this a warning: when I die, if you write RIP in my memorial, I will haunt you. 

I swear to X, I will. 

#let's say RIP to RIP
#lazy people who write Xmas





No comments:

Post a Comment