Sunday, November 23, 2014

Jesus in cleats

So I drove by this catholic grade school in Philly today, and there, painted on the walls in the recess area, I swear I saw a 30 foot high Jesus. 

Wearing a catcher's mitt. 

Surrounded by other religious figures. 

Also ready to take the field. 

So I started to think about how that would go:

"Sister Ann, Sister Ann, JC's cheating again! He was on first base, I blinked and he was on third."

"Thank you, Judas, I'll take care of it. Jesus. Jesus Christ! Don't drag your feet, pick up those sandals and come over here now!"

"Yes, Sister Ann?"

"Jesus, are you levitating again?Didn't we just talk about that?"

"Yes, Sister Ann"

"I got a phone call this morning from Tony Bostenefazellio. He said you went over to his house last night, laid hands on Little Antny and healed his broken leg".

"Yes, Sister Ann."

"You're a good kid, Jesus."

"Thank you, Sister Ann"

"Now, will you and the apostles please stop playing tricks on Judas, there's something about that boy...."

"Yes, Sister Ann."

"Thank you, son, you can get back to the game. And Jesus?"

"Yes, Sister Ann?"

"Stop turning the Gatorade into wine".

No comments:

Post a Comment