Thursday, November 20, 2014

can we blame the shooter?

Unless you're me (who keeps vampire hours), or, under the age of 25, a text or call after 2AM is never a good thing.

This is what I got from my niece, Lindsay, last night: 
"I am safe in my apartment, luckily was not at the library tonight . Love ya 💜"
She goes to FSU and there was a shooting with 3 people injured. 

I have questions. 
Have there always been this many violent acts committed by young adults, we just never knew about them?

Has the media made the problem worse by almost glorifying the 
shooter?

Do people really think stricter gun laws will help, knowing that guns are always available on the Internet?

I know that there are mental health issues involved, but could some problems be caused by our generation never making kids accountable for anything?

Or are we putting Too much pressure on them? 

The kid fails a test, it's the teacher's fault. 
Everything has to be fair, so nobody ever strikes out.
This kid has piano, art, mandarin, and cooking classes weekly.
Each kid has an hour or more of homework a day, starting in first grade. 

Are we not letting them just be kids? 

It's gotta be partly our fault. We're the ones raising these kids. What are we doing wrong? 




No comments:

Post a Comment