Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Peter Pan-ish....

I was scrolling through the hundred or so notes on my iPhone, looking through them all: trashing old ones, chuckling at funny ones, and touched by tender ones. 

As I was reading, I found letters with suggestions for improvement, that I had written to Kia, Spirit, Jet Blue, and Walgreens. Notes I had taken at every doctor's appointment for family members this summer. Spiritual and inspirational messages to share.
Quotes by Kierkegaard and Mahatma Gandhi. 

I was filled with respect. For myself. 
I've finally grown up. It took me 49 years, but I'm an adult. Who keeps important information on her phone. And can quote Kierkegaard. 

Huh.

A little bit sad, and maybe mourning my childhood, I finally heaved a sigh of relief when, there, at the bottom of my notes it was: The Poopie List. 

Happy that I was still lightyears away from full maturity, I plopped back in my chair, hitched up my feety pajamas, took a sip of chocolate milk, and continued watching Sponge Bob.

No comments:

Post a Comment