Thursday, January 8, 2015

Ode to a slug

Blog ode to a slug 

'Twas the week between Christmas and New Years I found
Some slugs leaving slime trails all over the ground

What is it about me 
that draws these fouls creatures
My blue eyes, blonde hair 
or some different feature

I've seen them in daylight,
Seen them give birth
They're here while it's freezing
there's no place on earth

For me to escape 
These "snails with no home"
From Avalon, SC
Wherever I roam

can't figure the reason 
they find me wherever
These slugs are not stupid
In fact they're quite clever

In summer they come
in the house while I sleep 
In the winter they slime up 
the ground by my feet

Attract them, then catch them
Then lead them away 
Yell at them
Give them no reason to stay 

Researched to stop visits
From unwanted guests
But no answers to help me
Get rid of these pests 
 
Slimey mucousy fat 
and they're thin
outside if I'm there 
Or the kitchen I'm in

I've stepped on them
Nighttime on Avalon concrete 
Squished thru my toes and
Slimed up my bare feet 

I've seen them give birth 
but from what I researched
They birth underground 
in the dirt in the earth

Why do they show me 
What they do when they're under?
the mysteries of life
they're secrets, the wonders 

Why share their secrets with me
It's a mystery
Do they want me to tell of their life
A slug history?

They're attracted to beer
but a drinker I'm not
But I would try anything 
So it's worth a shot

A bottle of miller 
could fill up a mug
But what do I do
With drunken, dead slugs

Still around me they come
Found no answer you see... 

It'd be funny if they're wondering
The same about me

#sluglife #stalkedbyslugs #Slugworld #slugsstalkmylife #slugslugagain 






No comments:

Post a Comment