Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Everything but the squeal

I'm finally decorating my apartment. It's been 20 years so I finally decided that this isn't a temporary situation and I need to maybe make it a little less sorority-house like. 

So I'm hanging pictures that I've taken, or things given to me. Anything that I can think of, or make, as long as it's unique. All beach related (no big surprise there).

Anytime i want to hang something, I just kind of plop the nail where I want it, aim the hammer, and swing away. If I don't like it, I'll pull the nail out, fill the hole with white toothpaste and re-hammer in another spot. My apartment walls look like a teenager's face with acne cream on it.  

Last night, I swung the hammer in the same area too close together, too many times, and ended up with a hole big enough for one of the cats to crawl through.

I realized even a whole tube of toothpaste wasn't gonna fill that crater. So I figured I had to go over to the hardware store to get some spackle. Only for the life of me, I couldn't remember what it was called. I knew it had an "s" and was a funny word but that was it. So I started playing around on papaer hoping it would jog my memory. 
I had splatch, spatula, scrack, splatter, but not spackle.

Well, I guess it was one of those times when your brain's working on it for you (in the background) because halfway through the day it popped into my head SPACKLE!!!!

spackle spackle spackle spackle

I had to keep saying it to remind myself, so I when i picked it up at Home Depot, I'd sound halfway intelligent. I typed it into my notes on the phone and looked at it right before I got up to the counter.

The guy asked what he could help me with and I said loudly, and proudly

"I need scrapple".

#everythingbutthesqueal #gottabefromphillyareatoappreciatethis #whatisscrappleanyway #panrabbit
#porkmush #pennsylvaniadutch #homedepot

No comments:

Post a Comment