Thursday, February 2, 2017

Name calling

I've observed that people are so involved in their phones, that no one takes the time to pay attention to anyone around them. Service people, cashiers, waitresses. all go unnoticed, unless they're needed. So I go out of my way to acknowledge them all. I look for name tags and address everyone by name. When I say hello, ask how their day is, or tell them to have a great night, I always use a name. When I at the airport, leaving my parents in S.C., the other day, the TSA agent's name was Myr. So, I said "Thanks, Myr." and he raised an eyebrow at me. I pointed at his name tag. He looked down and started laughing. Hysterically. While he was laughing, I was mentally running through the men's names that "Myr" could be short for. I know a woman could be "Myrna". He was still laughing, great big guffaws, and now, tugging on the lady TSA agent next to him, who looked at me and burst into laughter. I was still running through names in my head when it hit me. So I turned around and looked at her name tag and it was "Myr" also I was looking at the airport codes. For "Myrtle Beach"'. (They said that I made their day)

No comments:

Post a Comment