Thursday, February 2, 2017

It's of utmost impotence

When I had my first spinal surgery in 1999, a screw broke. And landed on a nerve in my lower spine Forever crushing the nerve. They had to go in and "re-visit" the area, replace the broken screw and start fresh. Unfortunately the nerve was unable to properly regenerate. I have mobility But I have hot foot. And I mean HOT FOOT! Someone holding a blow torch on it 24/7 unable to walk, move, sit, stand, HOT FOOT. We're able to control the pain with meds that I'll be on for life. Last week 18 years later, I started having pins and needles Again in the foot So, I was explaining to my pain management physician that the only solution my original surgeon came up with, other than medicine, was to cut the nerve. But the drawback was The possibility of my being impotent. And he looked at me. And said that couldn't happen. And I said "You don't know me, If there's the possibly of anything happening. It will." And he said "Julie, girls don't get impotent". I said "Look at me. If anyone in the world had to wear a diaper after this surgery, it would be me" And he said, "Oh, Julie. You mean incontinent".

No comments:

Post a Comment