Saturday, June 17, 2017

He'll always be my daddy

Happy Father's Day To the man who gave me his blue eyes, his walk, his short fuse,And his extra spicy curses. According to my Mom, driving with me Is like driving with my father's clone. Happy Father's Day To the man who found a 6 foot snake in his koi pond and walked/ran from the back to the front yard, stage whispering to me "don't tell mommy", so she wouldn't be scared. Happy Father's Day To the man who debated with my mom for 10 minutes outside a restaurant in South Carolina, because, although he had driven there, he said she lost the keys. So he climbed underneath the car and grabbed the spare hidden pair. Then, when we drove up next to them, we saw the keys were hanging out of the car door. Happy Father's Day To the man who made fun of my Mom for not using the camera correctly on her iPhone. Yet, when I looked through his photos, he had 83 pictures of his pocket Happy Father's Day To the man who throws his head back and laughs uproariously when he finds something particularly funny. A trait he's passed onto all of his kids. Happy Father's Day To the man who knows when I'm hurting, and will call up and ask "How's my doll baby?" Happy Father's Day To the man who has been with my mother for over 60 years, loving each other through all of the cancer they've both had, the death of their parents, broken bones, heart problems, and 4 kids. My dad taught me to find someone, and to love with all of my heart. Through good times and bad. Who taught me that it's ok if you're not perfect, in fact it makes you even easier to love. My daddy, my hero.

No comments:

Post a Comment