Sunday, April 26, 2015

Alligator shoo

There's an alligator on my mom 
and dad's good course 
My mom got an email labout it 
Then she actually saw it when she was golfing 
It was just sitting there 
On the 6th hole 
She said it was big. 
Really big 
Like at least 8 feet long 

So last night when I heard a dog whimpering 
them screaming
I immediately thought of the alligator

My mom and dad have been here 20 years. 
I sit outside whenever I'm here and I've never once heard a dog bark, let alone cry and whimper like that. 

It was horrifying.
I tried yelling in to wake my dad, 
but my mom and he were in there competing over who could break the sound barrier with only a snore. 

So I started whistling loudly from the safety of my front patio. 
Then, I lowered my voice to what I hoped was Barry White decibels, but in all reality was more Betty White, and I thundered (squeaked) "HEY!" across the street. 

The whimpering continued 
and then some snarling started, 
so I was hopeful that meant that the dog was fighting back.

I didn't want to go inside because I was petrified to sit there alone. 
But I didn't want that poor dog to feel 
it's last breaths on earth were unheard 
So I stayed on the porch and rocked back and forth quickly, 
while covering my ears. 
Taking my hands off every few seconds at a time, 

just to see if it was finally over, 
all the while I was hissing and whistling 
and making every noise I could to scare the alligator away. 

Finally
Finally the screaming stopped 
The horrible whimpering and snarling,
It was over. 
I didn't realize I had been holding my breath but as I let it out,
I was wondering if I was gonna see the alligator come swishing on over to this side of the street. 
And the carnage. 
God bless who ever had to clean that up in the morning. 

This was all running through my head when I saw the dog come running out from behind that house across the street. 

It didn't even register until a minute or so later when I saw movement from the other side of that house. 

Another dog came running out. 

All that hooting whistling and hollering I was doing? 

It's mating season. 

It was just background music for the two of them

while they made sweet, sweet love in the grass.....

#crocodilerock #alligatorshoo #doggiestyle





No comments:

Post a Comment